Orbai chair Zabala Zabala

Zabala

Orbai chair Zabala Zăbala, Jud. Covasna

The settlement is situated in the foreground of the Háromszék Mountains, and its inhabitants are mostly Calvinist and Catholic Hungarians.

The castle church rising in the center is a medieval Gothic church, whose door and window openings are decorated with carved stone frames. Originally, it also served defense purposes. The ovate-shaped castle walls were once taller, with a baroque onion-bell tower rising from its gate-tower. According to tradition, here was the well-known castle of Zabola.
The real ornament of the building is the ceiling consisting of 124 painted cassettes and the flower row of the loft of the loft from 1772.

Not far from here is the Roman Catholic Church, built in 1860 by Count Mikes Benedict. It also used the stone material of the former small chapel in the garden of Mikes Castle.

On the eastern edge of the village is a smaller temple of Greek Oriental style, built in 1832, with interesting icons. This temple is used only for special occasions because, between 1939 and 1942, the Orthodox community built a new temple in honor of Our Lady.

Near the Catholic Church stood the 19th century. At the beginning of the 20th century, Prince Basas' counselor, the captain of Háromszék XVI-XVII. century mansion. A new apartment was built on the former basement of the building.

In the village is the private museum of local history and ethnography of Ferenc Pozsony, assistant professor at Cluj-Napoca.

The Csángó Ethnographic Museum is located in the settlement.

Villages
Contact:
0267-375213
www.zabola.ro